Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wedding Jamz



Once or twice a year I DJ a wedding, and I usually welcome the opportunity because, in short, somebody's Dad is giving me a financial incentive to rip a whole bunch of grandma-appropriate funk, soul and rock DBJs. Of course, I ripped some non-DBJs, but hell no you can't have 'em - I'm a stickler for the formula.

I ripped something like 30 records getting ready for a wedding that I'm doing this afternoon. Here are two.

Kool & The Gang - Be My Lady | Zshare | YSI | 320 kbps

Mongo Santamaria - Lady Marmalade (7") | Zshare | YSI | 320 kbps

P.S. Always treat the DJ right, he has the power to play "Put It In Your Mouth" at your wedding.

3 comments:

Shawn Ryan said...

Does anybody read this blog's subtitle?

Anonymous said...

Is that a photo from an actual wedding you DJ'd?

That looks like the tackiest wedding I've ever seen! There are people who live in 3rd World stink hole countries that would dress better than that!

Gentlewhoadie Apt One said...

no. that was not the wedding. but i gotta say, those outfits show serious ingenuity