Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hollywood sayin



This might be the only song I've ever heard that is a first person story about the experience of going to see the band actually playing the song- the implication being, of course, that the person singing is not actually in the band.
I remember
Not too long ago
I went to a theatre
And I saw the Kool and The Gang show
I always wanted
To fit into a band
To sing my songs
And become a bad piano playing man
WTF?

To avoid the inevitable existential crisis that may arise from listening to this song, think pleasantly about the songs that sampled it while listening- DJ Kool's Let Me Clear My Throat, Too $hort's Money in Ghetto (classic!). But don't think on that Ma$e song that sampled it, that might give you some sort of audio brain herpes.



Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging (320)

No comments: