Tuesday, October 30, 2007

If you don't like it, get the fuck out



This is the other Mary Jane Girls song for rap fans. The Mary Jane Girls song being, of course All Nite Long, which was sampled by Mary J. Blige, Big Daddy Kane, Redman, LL and Jay-Z among others. But In My House was a Billboard R&B #1 in '85 and is def the fucking jam. Doesn't get played out nearly enough if you ask me- and that's why I'm posting the shit.

The best part of the Mary Jane Girls is easily the fact that they are Rick James' girl group (a counter to Vanity 6?), and each member of the band adopted a Rick-esque girlie persona. JoJo was the "female Rick James," Maxi was a dominatrix, et cetera. I think there was a Valley Girl too. I dunno.

Needless to say, pretty much everything Rick every wrote and produced, all the way on down to Eddie Murphy's Party All the Time was monsterous, even if the act singing the song, as in Eddie's case, was subpar. I don't care who you are or what you do, you need more Rick in your life.



Mary Jane Girls - In My House (45 edit- Motown/Gordy) (320 kbps)

-Apt

1 comment:

DJ B.Cause said...

I ain't mad at Candy Man either! :)