Monday, April 13, 2009

Stay Free


This is, by far, my favorite Ashford and Simpson tune. Originally released as a B-side to the French pressing of the "Found a Cure" promo 12", this track hits me in the gut about 30 times harder than the better known A-Side. Pay close attention to the absolutely sublime string and horn arrangements from John Davis of Monster Orchestra fame and the perfect mixdown from Nick Simpson, himself. It's tracks like this that will always have me crawling back to the late 1970's for inspiration and a huge smile. Nothing but feel good vibes for five and a half minutes.

Ashford & Simpson - Stay Free | Mediafire | YSI | 256 kbps

3 comments:

Shawn Ryan said...

the triumphant return of Billy W! I love how it says "45 tours" on the label.

Billy said...

I did about 45 tours before I decided to get a real job.

DARKLORD said...

Found A Cure sounds good at 33 RPM...at a nice, cool 93 BPM