Thursday, May 7, 2009

Live From Korea



This past weekend I went to the Jeonju International Film Festival (전주국제영화제). Cyon sponsored a B-Boy Championship on the main stage that Saturday, which was also Buddah's birthday (neither here nor there). I had some time to kill before my next film started, and it didn't take long for me to get sucked in. The championship was jaw-dropping and hilarious, if not for the credible talent of Seoul's finest crews then for the pure Korean machismo that was put into it. The DJ burned through tracks as you'd expect, scratching everything from Chubb Rock's Treat 'em Right to Wu Tang's Protect Ya Neck but keeping it strictly East Coast. These kids definitely felt tough as shit on stage with their Korean girlfriends watching (some of the hottest Korean girls I've seen so far). I was told, if you want a hot Korean girlfriend, you just have to spin on your head. I'll stick to DJing, but that shit was cool.

No comments: