Thursday, January 14, 2010

RIP Teddy Pendergrass



I was planning on putting up about a half dozen rips to honor the man, the legend, Teddy Pendergrass, who passed away tonight at Bryn Mawr Hospital not five miles from where I sit, but instead I'll just put up two favorites and leave it to you to go and cop Love TKO, Close the Door and others to help pay for the flowers at the man's funeral.

It wasn't long ago that I was standing outside a bar on Baltimore Avenue with a man in his seventies who was telling me about his short-lived doo-wop career in the early 60s in Philly. Somehow the subject came to Mister Teddy P, and the man said something to the effect of "he used to be a drummer, but once Harold Melvin found out he could sing, the man turned into the hugest asshole you ever did see."


Teddy Pendergrass - Only You

Zshare | YSI | 320 kbps

Teddy Pendergrass - You Can't Hide From Yourself

Zshare | YSI | 320 kbps

Let me rub you down with some burnin hot oils baby, YEAH
You know I would do the same to youuuuuuuuuu
TURN EM OFF!!!


RIP Teddy P

Related on DBJ: Teddy Pendergrass - Only You

3 comments:

Dj Image aka Cropsy159 said...

so right

Jamaicafest said...

Teddy Pendergrass was a true soul legend. His music is timeless.

Anonymous said...

He was my cousin I only saw onetime at a show,he did in Va but his love for life and music will live with me,forever and much love to the family. From the Sabb Family everywhere.