Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ray Cash - Cash Rules





Ray Cash - Cash Rules | Divshare | YSI | 135 kbps (VBR)

As much as I hate to admit it, I kinda like Cleveland, if only because it's a pillar of a Pittsburgh-grown existance. Every city has a city they look down on, and ours is Cleveland. Without it, we'd have a really hard time artificially generating appropriate levels of civic self-esteem. Skinny and I went to a Browns bar to watch a Steelers-Browns game last season and it was like being in a room full of Steelers fans from an alternate, failure-driven universe. Cleveland kind of feels the same way about us. We're two sides of the same coin, except you know, our side is shinier.

Which brings us to Ray Cash. Ray Cash is easily one of my favorite rappers out there in the game right now, and yes, he's from Cleveland. But the first time I heard Ray and the first time I heard Fat Al it was on WAMO driving back to see my folks from Philly. Something about Cleveland, it just produces real rap that's equal parts gully and thoughtful.

Cash Rules is a track off the Clangin and Swangin Mixtape, which dropped in '06. The tape is just sick all the way through and producers the Kickdrums have some really great flips of classic material, including Cash Rules. You can grab the tape here. Get it? "C.R.E.A.M." and his name is Ray Cash? Cash rules? Ray Cash? Gotta wonder how long dude had wanted to do that... but:

I AIN'T A RAPPER I JUST OFFER YOU GOOD COVERSATION

Beat that.

No comments: