Friday, August 3, 2012

Covers Part II

 
I was going back through a big pile of records that I ripped for Telephoned's (Fool's Gold) "Switchboard" party last winter.  It's a night dedicated to covers, and I've done a covers post before, so I figured I'd follow up.

Here are a couple of zips with some great covers.

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - versions by Devo, Mountain and the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band.  Shouts to the dude in East LA who sold me a sealed copy of that 103rd Street record for a buck if I'd just help him "get these damn records off the lawn."

Satisfaction - Mediafire Zip

Sing A Simple Song - versions by West Street Mob (in an early '80s electro-rap stylee) and the ever-amazing Booker T and the MGs (who have an entire album of covers, including some utterly forgettable organ-driven schmaltz).

Sing A Simple Song - Mediafire Zip

No comments: