Friday, August 3, 2012

Tainted Love

Recently someone requested a re-up of a rip I posted way back in 2007. Since I stepped my ripping game up over the years and I'm a nice guy, I did a fresh rip for you guys. While listening to it, I realized this version sounds really thin in comparison to reissues of the original track. Perhaps it was the mastering or maybe it's the flimsy pressing. Whatever the case, I had a friend give it a light treatment in Ozone. It's still not going to trump the original version, but it sounds a little fuller now.

As for the music, here's a extended edit from 1982 of Gloria Jones' 1965 soul stomper "Tainted Love." Who created this and why are a mystery to me, but, shoddy pressing issues aside, it's well done. Maybe it's a response to the popularity of Soft Cell's cover from the year before. If anyone knows the story behind this, please leave a comment. Enjoy the extra couple minutes...

Gloria Jones - Tainted Love (12" Version)
MediafireYSI • 1965/1982

No comments: