Monday, December 15, 2008

Family Tree


Here's a mysterious disco classic - I can't find much about it online, except that the vocalist is Sharon Brown (who happened to be a part of another recent post). Every part of this song, from the horns to the vocals to the percussion, has a very raw and soulful quality to it. I picked it up a while ago on this bootleg, which leads me to believe that this is an old DJ friendly edit. If anyone has additional info on this track, please leave a comment.

Family Tree - Family Tree | Zshare | YSI | 320 kbps

Expect to hear this & more this Thursday, when the Philadelphyinz, Billy Werner & I take over the Barbary:

4 comments:

Billy said...

A good edit of this came out back in the Spring with a Skye edit on the flip.

I believe Fatboy Slim also edited this tune for a comp a long while back. Big tune in the modern soul scene.

Cropsy said...

i will try to drop in homies

Brian said...

Yeah I was gonna jump in with the Norman Cook edit mention, but I got beaten to the punch. Here's the record, anyway... http://www.discogs.com/release/16253

DARKLORD said...

I have been known to rock this joint!