Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I just touched grounds down in Philly...


Everytime I bike through crazy traffic on Walnut Street or Chestnut Street, the Affirmative Action Remix inexplicably pops into my head. EVERYTIME. I think the piano riff gets me pumped for riding between moving cars and running lights. You might actually remember The Firm from Phone Tap though. Big MTV hit back in the day. I used to look forward to the AWESOME video redeeming all of the shitty videos that preceded it.

The Firm - Affirmative Action (Remix) | Zshare | YSI | 320 kbps

The Firm - Phone Tap | Zshare | YSI | 192 kbps

Also, you must watch the AWESOME video:

6 comments:

Stainless Insaness said...

Can we have a Nas week? or month???

Shawn Ryan said...

go for it Steele!

Cropsy said...

dont do it steele you know how i feel about the bol. lol nahh nas is the man but the new material just makes me cringe. i love nas and i know i will take a little heat for this but i had to put my 2 cents in lol. if you post something can it be the mad professor remix of "it ain't hard to tell". i think thats the one i don't have it was on some of the early 12'' singles

Stainless Insaness said...

i post any Nas shit it will be thurough and he has at least a weeks worth.

Billy said...

When I am biking through rush hour traffic I typically have Black Flag in my head or something that makes me want to put my U-Lock through someone's kidneys. You are a peaceful chap, Shawn!

Billy said...

also... digging the "Failed Supergroups" tag. I should make use of that in the future.